Monday, December 20, 2010

Kefir is....

Basically the kefir grains that you see are little blobs of bacteria and yeast that cling together and feed mainly on the lactose in milk. These grains help culture the milk into a fanstastic healthy drink that is even better than live yogurt.

Kefir grains will continue to grow and get bigger and multiply, so you will eventually have to either give them away, put them into a gigantic jar, or divide them. Many people sell them also. I personally prefer to keep the tradition of the person who gave them to me and give them away. Yes, it does have a minor cost involved (small containers for transport and a small amount of milk), but to me, the reward for doing it is better than the monetary reward that might come along.

I am selling kefir though, and if anyone in Kuwait wants some it is 2 kd for a liter of kefir. The kefir that I make is delicious, light and ever so slightly tangy, so you won't be disappointed.



If you want grains contact me here and you can have them for free, but there is a waiting list.

6 comments:

  1. Assalaamu alaykum, are you still selling kefir? If so, please could you contact me on epoppie@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you please add me to your waiting list for kefir grains here locally?

    Roy.g.biv@riseup.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to order from u?

    sindhuv1991@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to buy the kefir grains. suzantagarapu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wana order. How to contact you
    Here is my number
    60726048

    ReplyDelete
  6. To all who want kefir grains or kefir milk fresh live just message on 50768550... from Europe.

    ReplyDelete